If you're interested in obtaining a Firearms ID Card or a Handgun Purchase Permit then please complete the Application for Firearms Purchaser Identification Card and/or Handgun Purchase Permit Form as well as the Consent for Mental Health Records Search Form (links found at the bottom of this page).
The Voluntary Form of Firearms Registration form may only be utilized to voluntarily register firearms you own that may be lawfully possessed in New Jersey that were previously acquired under any one of the following circumstances:
- Inherited pursuant to N.J.S.A. 2C:58-3j;
- Lawfully acquired in another state pursuant to state and federal laws; or
- Lawfully acquired in New Jersey pursuant to N.J.S.A. 2C:58-3a and N.J.S.A. 2C:58-3b.
Please note that three (3) copies of this form are needed; one for your records, one for the Florence Township Police Department and one for the New Jersey State Police.
Firearms Application Procedure
Important Notice: As of January 01, 2001 - NJSA C 2C:58 requires that all applicants for a Permit to Purchase Handgun(s) to be 21 years of age or older.
1. Application for Firearms Permits may be obtained at the Florence Township Police Department or they may also be downloaded from this website.
2. Once you have completed (DO NOT SIGN OR DATE) all the necessary documents. Please bring the application and supporting documents to the Florence Township Police Department.
3. You must appear in person with your application.
4. All first time applicants MUST be fingerprinted. The fingerprint process will be completed by IndentoGo (Morpho Trust). This information and appointment form will be provided upon the submission of your properly completed firearms application.
Subsequent applicants and change of address requests MUST sign on to the electronic submission website for Criminal History Record Information for a Non-Criminal Justice Purpose/SBI 212A at https://www.njportal.com/njsp/criminalrecords/. Click on the ON LINE FORM 212A, a highlighted block located on the lower left side of the page. Enter the ORI number of NJ0031500. Follow the prompts for demographic and payment information. Upon completion of the form you will receive an email confirmation and receipt that will include the confirmation number. If at any time you need further assistance while completing your electronic submission, you can click on the Help Tab located on the top right side of the page.
5. When you pick up your firearms ID card you must have valid photo identification.
6. Questions regarding the firearms application may be referred to the Florence Township Police Department at 609-499-3131.
FIREARMS APPLICANT FEE SCHEDULE:
Application for Firearms Purchaser Identification Card STS-033: Cash/check or money order payable to: Township of Florence in the amount of $5.00.
Application to Purchase a Handgun/STS-033: Cash/check or money order payable to: Township of Florence in the amount of $2.00 per handgun permits application.
Application for a Duplicate Firearms Purchaser Identification Card/STS-033: There is no fee for a Duplicate Firearms Purchaser Identification Card.
Application for a Permit to Carry a Handgun/SP-642 (This form can be downloaded from the New Jersey State Police website at http://www.njsp.org/info/pdf/firearms/sp-642.pdf ): A money order payable to: State of New Jersey for $20.00.
Request for Criminal History Record Information for a Non-Criminal Justice Purpose/SBI 212A: A money order only payable to: Division of State Police, SBI for $20.00. Completed online at https://www.njportal.com/njsp/criminalrecords/
For additional firearms regulations and procedural information, please visit the New Jersey State Police website: http://www.njsp.org/about/firearms.html
Available at no cost at Florence Township Police headquarters.