The Mayor and Township Council have developed the 2017 Road Program. The streets listed below will be engineered and bids will be solicited for work we hope will begin in the Summer months.
- Winter Street from Front to Riverview
- Riverview from Winter to Summer
- Summer Street from Riverview to Front
- Florence Meadows Development (Broad, Acorn, Almond)
- Shaver Drive from Cedar Lane to Dead end
- Pine Street from Wilbur Henry to Shaver
- East Third Street from Walnut to Pine
- Cedar Street from Fifth to Sixth
- East Sixth Street from Pine to Cedar
- West Third Street from Summer to Blvd
- West Third Street from Blvd to Bodine/Union Street
- West Second Street from Union to Foundry
- West Fifth Street from Bodine to Richardson
- Portions of Alden Avenue along the curbline near the RR Tracks
In addition to the local road work listed above, the township is also planning for the completion of the first phase of Hornberger Avenue paving and engineering has begun for the second phase of Hornberger Avenue paving. The township's desire is to be able to pave to at least Eighth Avenue on Hornberger Avenue this year.
Despite the relatively mild winter so far, the private contractors who will work on Cedar Lane are still forced to hold on the Cedar Lane roadway and round-about improvements approved last year. We anticipate that when we get to the state-approved work commencement day on March 15th, then these improvements will begin.